How to Obtain the Italian Passport
What are the main ways to obtain an Italian passport?
Options for foreign citizens seeking to come to Italy and get a passport to include:
- through permanent residence which is the simplest way of obtaining citizenship from a documents point of view;
- by descent, if at least one of the parents is or was an Italian citizen who left the country;
- by birth – children of foreign citizens living in Italy legally will be granted Italian citizenship;
- by marriage which is another fast route to obtaining an Italian passport;
- by investment – this last option is suitable for investors and
was particularly created for non-EU citizens.
If you plan on applying for an Italian passport, our lawyers are your disposition with various immigration services.
We can offer extensive information on the Italian citizenship application procedure.
The main ways through which an Italian passport can be obtained are presented in the infographic. how can i get an italian
How to obtain an Italian passport through residency
a very similar process, with the only real difference being the minimum amount
of time spent in Italy before submitting an application for citizenship.
our attorneys are here to help you no matter where you now call home.
Citizenship by descent in Italy
It is worthwhile for non-Italian people to pursue Italian citizenship via their ancestry. However, there are a few things that you need to know before you can begin the process of applying for an Italian passport.
One can obtain an Italian passport by descent if at least one of the following are/were Italian citizens:
- the father or the mother;
- the paternal grandfather or the maternal grandfather;
- the paternal or maternal great-grandfather.
Feel free to ask us anything about the residence permit in Italy.
Obtaining an Italian passport through marriage
A foreigner who marries an Italian citizen may eventually get Italian citizenship. Citizenship in these nations comes with a variety of stipulations, much to the criteria for an Italian passport. Which include:
- the foreign spouse must have lived in Italy for 2 years;
- the foreign spouses must have lived together abroad for at least 3 years
if the marriage was registered in a foreign country;
- the marriage must have been registered with the Italian Embassy or
Consulate in the foreign country in which it took place.
(EN) is awesome, great customer service, knowledgeable, great personality. I will book again through (EN)